Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Birthday Wish!

I give gratitude for the birthday wishes from friends I grew up with in the Fort from kindergarten through high school graduation. Family, friends, church congregations, team members, residents and the wonderful extended Seattle family and friends have been a joy today and always.

A birthday is how you celebrate a life and the life's impact on others. 

One of my long-term residents passed away when I walked into work this morning, which was a gift. It was a time to honor and to celebrate.

A friend and team member, Cheryl, has been going through chemo. I drove her home after work this evening. We stopped and had dinner at one of her hangouts and celebrated, not only me but her, too. Her courage outweighs a number of the daily moments which cloud individual perspectives.

As I blew out the candles on my birthday slice of pie, my wish is for healing and hope for all who are in need...whatever the need maybe. May the wishes continue throughout the year.




Make a wish...Give hope...Celebrate each other!

Today's Reflection:  "Hope gives us courage." - Job 11:18

No comments:

Post a Comment