Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Magical Transformation

Transformation can occur knowingly or unknowingly as long as we are open to it. The mystery unfolds.

Six months before I moved to Seattle from Fort Wayne, Indiana in 1999, I wrote the poem A Magical Transformation, not knowing I was moving forward.

A Magical Transformation

Shielding myself within
            a hardened shell.
Breaking through the barrier
            while metamorphosed into a caterpillar.
Crawling down the pavement
            as cold as the unknown.
Bonding intimately
            with a milkweed.
Interweaving myself in silk
            hidden within my cocoon.
Creating a protective place
            to magically transform.
Shedding my skin
            as an explosion of color occur.
Drying my newly formed wings,
            as transparent as stained glass.
Nourishing myself with flower nectar
            to refuel my heart and rehash my past.
Reluctant to fly
            during the night.
Sheltering myself
            until the dark turns light.
Outstretching my wings
            for my ultimate flight.
Finding love, freedom and clarity
            through my continued journey of life.



I never in my wildest dreams thought I would move from Fort Wayne. I thought I would be a Hoosier all my life. I missed the good folks of Indiana. However, I can always go back home, again.




Transformation is possible. Let the mystery unfold.

Today’s Reflection: Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” - Romans 12:2 Modern English Version (MEV)





No comments:

Post a Comment