Tuesday, January 6, 2015

How do you begin your day?

How do you begin your day? Groggy? Going back to sleep? Afraid to put your feet on the  ground? Ready to rejoice? I read the Seattle Times online. I first scan the front page headlines. I then click on the "Entertainment" section with the comics. I read a couple of comic strips. One is “Luann” and the other is “Pickles.”

I was in elementary school when I watched my Grandma Shaffer read the newspaper. I noticed her read the comics. She said that it was a good way to begin each day. Even though I was not sure why it was a good way to begin each day, I started reading the comics that day.

I read “Pickles” on New Year's Day.





“Pickles” taught me not to make my story long, and to rejoice in the day!

Today’s Reflection: “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” – Psalm 118:24 (ESV)



No comments:

Post a Comment